MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Blessings

With hubby playing with motorbikes I decided to assemble my Blessings quilt top so I could applique the scallops on the last border.
It has taken me a while to decide that I really didn't like the sashing between the blocks. Truth be told I am not a big fan of sashing....I prefer the floating effects of the blocks in the centre. So I stopped umming and ahhing and joined them all up.
I added the first border with a cornerstone. It is slightly darker than the photo and looks fine.
So scrappy scallops are next!
I'm really pleased with my first Angel block now the stitchery is done.
Blessings of another kind happened recently when kind friends gifted me lovely treasures of different varieties.
My friend Fionna went to the UK to meet her first ever grandie....very exciting! But she surprised me with this gorgeous Wedgewood vase and the sweetest face washer in the cutest box on her return for my birthday.  How incredibly spoilt!
 Friend Liz from Village Quilters has added to my Gingie collection with this sweet little fellow and bought with her a selection of fabrics to add to my clamshells from dear Rosalie from Briar Rose.....
Thankyou  lovely friends xxx
My poor old ailing Jacaranda tree has also blessed me with blanket of purple....some folks find them a messy nuisance but not me....I love October when Brisbane has clouds of pretty purple everywhere.
I didn't think I would get any blooms this year.....such a nice surprise!
Enjoy your weekend.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

22 comments:

  1. Hi gorgeous lady,love your blessings blocks this is going to be a gorgeous quilt,love your angle block and what gorgeous gifts you have received,i like seeing you being spoilt,as you have such a generous heart.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend ,only 6 more sleeps now,how is Charlotte going? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh blessings looks beautiful......I just got two flowers on the ground today.... They won't be long and they will be beatiful.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so nice to be spoilt. Do your quilt your own way..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacarandas are lovely......they're getting ready to bloom here! Lots of pretty things to see in this post. 'Blessings' is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt does look very pretty without the sashing! Lovely pressies from Fiona! Lucky girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the jacarandas too - DH is one of those who doesn't like the mess so we don't have one - but there is one in the park across the road that I can admire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Blessings blocks and layout. Fiona did spoil you with gorgeous gifts,as did liz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blessings quilt. You made the right decision.. no smashing looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessings is gorgeous. I love seeing all the Jacarandas in bloom. They are a beautiful tree. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning quilt that Blessing! And look at your Angels grow......aren't the stories that go with each one sweet? A bit early for our jacaranda to flower, but it's always lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blessings too, it's gorgeous.
    Very pretty gifts.
    Hope all is continuing to progress with your grand daughter's recovery

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Blessings quilt top is looking wonderful. Yes, it looks great without the sashing. Good call.
    Lovely birthday gifts,too and very special.
    The jacarandas look so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Blessings looks beautiful! Very special birthday presents for you! The angel block is beautiful too! The Jacaranda trees look so pretty when they flower, I can remember my Dad taking us to one in Tauranga when we were little to have a photo taken under it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are right about the Blessings - it does look better without the dashing and the plain sections are perfect for some beautiful quilting. Am in UK and whilst browsing the magazine's could not resist a quilty one that had free clamshell papers with it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blessings quilt Michelle (I'm not a big fan of sashing either). It will be beautiful when finished. Hi to your Jacaranda - our little baby Jac has managed one frond this weekend, with a few more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt looks great. Like it without sashing also.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the look of Blessings .... it's going to be just stunning.... Jacaranda's here are always a bit later than you.... I love the pop on the road when cars go over them!
    xx
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love jacaranda Michelle... yes they're a bit messy but that mess doesn't last long!
    Blessings is going to be divine... great work on skipping the sashing... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blessings is looking so pretty, the fact you left out the sashings was a great choice. I'd love to see those trees in bloom , it must be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Michelle, I love your quilt! Leave out the sashings, do whetever you want. I am sure it will turn out great! I am trying now to end my first quilt and I admire yours so much! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your quilt is looking beautiful and doesn't really need any sashings. The corner stones on the border will add interest without taking away from the central design. LOvely gifties there too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.