MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Waiting in the Wings

While others are toting up their unfinished projects, I am preparing for a new one. I have admired this quilt from afar for quite a while. However my fate was sealed when lovely HELEN from Helen's Patchwork Passion came to Queensland for a visit and bought her gorgeous version with her. Watching her hand quilting it and seeing it up close and personal blew my last remnant of resolve out the window!
The quilt? Yoko Saito's Vase of Flowers quilt  from her Floral Beauty book.
I gathered fabrics on my trip down south....I want it a tad brighter....photo doesn't show that in my fabric choices but they are.
And also some pretty threads.
Ordered the book before Christmas when I got home.
The book was held up so I was happy to just work away on my other projects....but now its here! It contains lots of beautiful projects as well. I know you all know this feeling.....I am itching to begin! Yikes!
I have read the pattern. The instructions for the quilt, even though I bought the English language version are meagre and sparse to put it lightly! So bit of a challenge ahead here. I  did decide the attraction for me was the applique and if I had to have simpler sashings to achieve a finished quilt I will do so. I do love this quilt!
It has in no way taken the shine off my Blessings quilt and the last block is coming along quite nicely....
Art has started back and one of my scribblings over the break I have decided to expand and take further....so new work in progress!
Another Major Mitchell Cockatoo down on paper. Love these beautiful birds. Someone asked me if I intended drawing anything other than critters and my response was....probably not lol! I  love critters, oh and the odd rose or flower.
So that's yours truly caught up for now.
I do so love these inspirational art works and thought I would share as for me it speaks to choices we make that give us joy and happiness.  Which need please nobody but ourselves.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

23 comments:

  1. Beautifu Michelle, look forward to seeing you put your special touch on the new quilt. Love your chosen fabrics, love your critter drawings too !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That new project to looks beautiful Michelle, love the fabrics you have chosen. You have a gift for drawing critters, this new one is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project for you to start on Michelle,i love your fabric choices and well done on another beautiful and very clever drawing,hope your day has been awesome my friend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think your new project is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing it come together.
    Love your sketching too. You are so talented. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a gorgeous quilt Michelle, and it looks difficult! (for me, that is). You will do it beautifully and it will be a triumph. Your bird is gorgeous, and when you are on a roll, go with it I say :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilt. I look foward to following your progress on it. Love the cockatoo. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is going to be a lovely project to work on Michelle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow looks amazing Look forward to seeing your quilt grow 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quilt is to die for, cant wait to see yours. Love your critters they are so life like. Thanks for sharing. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see why you are taken with the quilt .....and oh my, you certainly have the artist touch- lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Vase of flowers' is very "you", Michelle......I'm sure you will enjoy making it! Love that bird, they are so gorgeous aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful quilt you are starting on - looking forward to following your progress on it.... and always love seeing your drawings - very talented lady! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's going to be one beautiful quilt. I will happily be watching you sew. Of course your drawings are gorgeous. Look forward to the year ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep looking at her books, but haven't quite bought one yet. Maybe yours will be the push I need......

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are going to love doing that quilt.. and I love the fabrics you have chosen. What fun.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely choice of project Michelle. Look forward to seeing it grow. I have admired Helen's work from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh beautiful works to come from your hands this year Michelle - yes Helen's is stunning & yours will be too! Well done on taking the dive to make it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a stunning quilt this will be Michelle. Can't wait to see when you start. We love your beautiful birds and critters

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cant wait to see that quilt - its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ui, i sm looking forward , to see the first Block, i like the fabrics and stich yarn colour
    With love Marika

    ReplyDelete
  22. Toting up unfinished projects is over-rated...starting new ones, now that's much more fun!...love Yoko Saito's designs, looking forward to seeing your version...and more of your "critter" drawings too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.