MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, March 5, 2016

FNWF and extras

Last night was March's turn for
Lovely Cheryll over at Gone Stitching gathered us altogether. I decided to work on a pretty little stitchery that I need for next month....I enjoyed quietly stitching away whilst Mr R. and I caught up on some favourite shows.
I needed some 'quiet' stitching after working very diligently on Block 6 of TSS. I think I may be improving as it actually worked out the correct size....nobody was more surprised than moi!
I am really liking how the blocks look together....however Block 5 is too small so I am going to unpick and try again....wish me luck! Our latest block was designed by Natalia Bonner. Thank you.
I so love my little Dresden papers, I just have to have a couple on the go.
I am asking you all out there if you have in your stash a fat quarter somewhere of the following fabric....I believe that it's called Sticks and Stones Dogwood dark tan colourway by Laundry Basket Quilts.....I just need a little....
 There is a beige but I  really need the darker one.
Happy stitching. Enjoy your weekend.
A little thought from yours truly....
"Beautiful fresh energy cannot enter a locked closed up room.....you must throw open the windows and doors to release the old and stale and usher in the new. So release the old and stale that no longer serves you and allow room for the fresh and beautiful. You never know what kind of wonderful is knocking on your door just waiting for you to open it"

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

27 comments:

  1. Love those previous words. Feng Shui for the soul. So sorry I do not have that fabric and I hope someone can help. Love your cupcake and the lTest SS block. I have made a big boo boo...I cut my 2nd and 3rd blocks back to 6" x 6". I read that it was the finished size at the top of the pattern instead of reading the directions at the end of the instructions grrrrr. Looks like I am remaking them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Previous words? Lol, I meant precious words. I suppose they are now previous precious words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Michelle......I can't help with that fabric. Your blocks are coming along beautifully, aren't they! Lovely thoughts for the weekend, and something to take to heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely night of stitching. Great to see the block collection growing.
    Good luck with your fabric search.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle,
    I have the fabric you need, it is no longer a Fat Quarter
    as I have fussy cut some hexies from it, but it is quite a good sized piece. I will put it in the post for you.
    Hugs R,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle, your blocks are just wonderful, I too am sorry I cant help with the fabric your looking for. Lets hope you find some soon. Take care, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Block No 6 is the business Michelle - look at those perfect points...
    Pleased to see you already have found a piece of that lovely fabric. The online community is a wonderful thing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely thought Michelle - thank you. Great work on your sampler blocks - I love your colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wise previous oops precious words Michelle :-) Love all your work... good on you keeping up with the Splendid Sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have been busy with your stitching , piecing and little cute dresdans....
    Was thinking of you as I did Block 6 today. All your blocks look lovely together....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks are growing beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved having your company at FNwF Michelle. Your QAL is going to be gorgeous... xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Michelle,

    Lovely work and words to start my Sunday. It is good news that someone has a piece of fabric for you. Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your stitchery - your SS blocks do look great all together...I am behind...but enjoying it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some lovely stitching Michelle and EPP always appeals to me - so portable! Glad you found the fabric you were after.... and lovely inspiring words :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michelle, your block is amazing, all perfectly joining up & everything, woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some lovely work happening at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful stitchery Michelle and your sampler blocks look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some gorgeous work here. Love the block. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute stitching on Friday night Michelle and do love how your Sampler blocks are looking

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like how your SS blocks look all together. I am sorry but I don't have that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything you stitch is delightful

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your SS blocks are so good. I gave up after no 3. Might just have to buy the book at the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your little pretty.
    Do hope you find your fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.