MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, February 12, 2015

MY ABC's and a Visitor

Good morning all. You will have to excuse the font in this post...for whatever reason it has changed it self and does not seem to want to change back!!!!
I have completed "B" in my Alphabet...
Friends Lorel and Monica are really charging ahead with their's and looking good too I might add.
It is nice to see two blocks together finished.
 "C" is in the hoop but too much chatting at stitching last night didn't make for much progress....I had fun though!
I have also finished the last hexie flower for the centre panel on RR
If you have followed my blog for a long time you will remember 2 summers ago we discovered we had an eastern water dragon living in the garden around our pool. I have been trying for ages to get some good photos of him to draw later on but he would scram the minute he saw me coming. Tuesday he was for some reason wandering around our front garden and I got some perfect shots...he is very handsome and his colourings are beautiful...
He posed so elegantly...
Thanks Mr Dragon...I appreciate it. I love having wildlife in my garden. It tells me we are providing a little refuge in suburbia for these creatures whose habitat gets smaller and smaller.
Have a lovely day everyone.
Namaste and blessings,
Michelle xxx

25 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, your alphabet & your hexies are looking really beautiful. I love your alphabet letters so much. Gosh your visitor certainly does have the most wonderful colourings & markings, he looks quite happy in your garden :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your posts, such gorgeous Stítching, loving your RR quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your alphabet is looking good... and your visitor is so handsome isn't he... xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. The A, B and C blocks are gorgeous, Michelle. What an impressive visitor you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous visitor you have! His markings are very nice and clear. I also love your alphabet. So cute with its little mice and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitcher its are just adorable. What a handsome 'dragon' in your garden! I'd be so excited if he lived in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your visitor is very handsome, he looks healthy from here so you must be providing a great habitat! Love your A-B-Cs too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr Dragon is one lucky fellow and doesn't know it.
    he thinks you will do him harm, your a good fellow for giving him a home. Your work is very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your dainty alphabet stitchings. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Michelle your alphabet blocks are so cute and wow i have seen a Mr Dragon before,he is very colourful thankyou for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very pleased your visitor was so accommodating for the photos. He looks very regal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your alphabet letters are wonderful and I love the Hexi. A very cute resident in your garden. I have to say this kiwi git a huge fright the first I encountered one of those lizards when in Queensland

    ReplyDelete
  13. your alphabets are looking wonderful... I love all the detail... guess what I have traced and started stitching.... Your dragon is so beautiful... how lovely to have him living there...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a 'stud muffin' dragon! How awesome to have him in your back yard. Loving your pretty pretty handwork.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great progress on your stitching.
    your visitor reminds me of the ones we saw in Brisbane, little villains surprising us along the paths!
    happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your alphabet is lovely and that lizard is gorgeous. I wonder if he'd like a holiday at my place?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving your alphabet, glad you managed a close up of your visitor, they move so quickly. It will be interesting so see what you do with your photos xcx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful inhabitant of your front garden Michelle. "B" looking great

    ReplyDelete
  19. C is for cat, and also for chick? Your dragon is a healthy looking feller......obviously no shortage of food round your pool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your alphabet stitcheries are really lovely and I think C may just be my favourite with the cat and the chook. Fantastic pics of your visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  21. More beautifulness from your week Michelle. The stitcheries are coming along and look so pretty . Love those hexies (reminds me of my Miss Elizabeth quilt waiting in the background for me to get my act together)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your work Michelle the alphabets look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful alphabets. Gorgeous water dragon. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Which alphabet are you stitching? It's absolutely beautiful. Your visitor is handsome, but cute is for bears.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.