MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, November 9, 2014

FNWF & New Homespun Calendar

After some Domestic Goddess duties and a lovely visit from my friend Ann I settled down for a night of stitching because it was ...
Hosted by the lovely Cheryll over at Gone Stitchin'  Thank you Cheryll for having us over. I had a definite plan. I really wanted to complete the butterfly antennae on my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. So pleased to report all done!!!
 So technically now it is all finished and just needs quilting.
Sorry I didn't think to press it before it's photo. With that job out of the way I got out my boxes of little Angels....
and continued on with my embroidery on them. I am slowly getting a very pretty choir of Angels.
These took me late into the evening so it was off to bed I went feeling quite chuffed with my efforts....how about you? I am still trying to get around and visit the other Friday nighters...you see I have had a baby celebration for a niece yesterday and I have another one for a dear friend today....Baby Showers everywhere! So lots of cuteness everywhere too!
HOMESPUN CALENDAR:
When I started this journey I had a bit of a dream for myself you might say but honestly it has exceeded anything I had dreamed of. Doing what I love, having it appreciated by other stitchers and meeting such wonderful women...a little while back I felt very blessed to have been included in the gorgeous "Homespun" 2015 Diary. So as you can imagine I am over the moon to have my Cupcake Capers project also included in the "Sew Pretty" 2015 Calendar that Homespun magazine has released.
Once again featuring beautiful Tilda fabrics and project photos from our very clever designers. It is a beautiful companion to the Diary. Each month has a beautiful full colour page to inspire you. I am the pin up girl for August! YAY!
You will love having these beautiful images to keep you company throughout 2015. I know I am going to!
Thanks Homespun team for putting together such a beautiful Calendar and making my little heart sing while you were at it.
Enjoy your Sunday folks,
Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

28 comments:

  1. Your Grandmothers garden quit is stunning! Will you hand quilt it??
    I just love those angels, great effort Michelle. Oh congratulations on getting into the calendar......I wouldn't mind a copy of that one! happy spring day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being the pin up girl for August 2015.That is such a thrill.
    You worked very hard to do all those on the FnwF --very satisfying. I must say I enjoyed my first FnwF and am looking forward to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michelle, those angels are beyond gorgeous!
    And now you are a Calendar Girl - I love it, you deserve to be a star. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is so beautiful Michelle, I love it.
    I have ordered the homespun calendar to, can't wait for it to arrive. Congratulations on having your project in it, it looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Michelle! Cute angels and lovely quilt top too. Sharyn:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of gorgeousness today Michelle. Your quilt is looking stunning & I adore your angels, they are so beautiful. Congrats on getting in the calendar ... I would love to get myself a copy & the diary also. Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hexie quilt is just beautiful! Congratulations on making it into the Homespun calendar but no more than you deserve as you do such delightful designs :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your grandmothers garden - so beautiful!! Your angels are really beautiful! Congratulations Miss August!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Michelle,

    So happy to hear your dreams are coming true with your stitching. Must look out for the Calendar, nothing like looking at crafty goodness. Love those Angels.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle the quilt is simply amazing... congrats, & good luck with the quilting.

    And congrats also on making the Homespun calender... a lovely recognition of the enjoyment you bring to so many stitchers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your Calendar insert.
    Your garden quilt is blooming lovely and how nice to have a sweet angel choir :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well congratulations Miss August just be careful where they put the staples...I actually think you should have been on the front cover. Your quilt is beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your quilt Michelle well done with the calendar

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've popped over from FNwF. Congratulations on your inclusion in the calendar. Homespun always includes such lovely projects! Your quilt top is just beautiful! The angels are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! How exciting to appear on the calendar! It is a gorgeous page.
    Lovey to see the work finished on your quilt top and that group of angels is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on making the calendar! A very pretty setting for hexies - so many look the same, but yours is really different.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Grandmothers Flower garden quilt is just beautiful Michelle. How lovely to have it finished. And such sweet angels you have been stitching. A huge congratulations on being included in the beautiful Homespun calendar - you deserve every bit of your success

    ReplyDelete
  18. Homespun always has such pretty calendars and diaries so your work fits in perfectly. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt is beautiful Michelle, and your choir of Angels are gorgeous. Congratulations on getting your projects included in both the diary and calendar. Definitely a feather in your cap. Cheers, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I fall in love with that Dresden quilt a little more every time I see it – the butterflies are so sweet!

    Congratulations on the Homespun Calendar . You completely deserve the recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your quilt is beautiful, Michelle. I love those little angels you've been making too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. your flower garden is so pretty.... well done with that and how cute is your host of angels....
    well done for becoming a calender girl!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those angels are beautiful. Is this one of your patterns? If not, can you tell me where you found it please?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Grandmothers Flower Garden. Love those cute little angels. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats Michelle...that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The butterflies are a gorgeous finish to your Grandmothers Garden quilt - beautiful!! Congratulations!! It must be soooo exciting to see your work in such lovely publications - hehe a pinup girl - keep up the beautiful work! Love those angels too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Angels are all so gorgeous Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.