MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, February 21, 2014

Last and Final Chapter

Are you bored yet?? This cute little wall hanging was hanging in the work room to inspire.
I was really pleased to finally finish a UFO that had been hanging around for ages. You may remember it and I still am not sure what possessed me to choose these fabrics but I have to admit that I am now quite fond of it....who knew! Fancy that!
 So here is "Hooray it's Stitching Day!" Table topper.
A lovely lady called Leonie stipple quilted it for me so just a bit of hand quilting remained and the backing had to be trimmed back and sewn down.
Each corner has a separate little stitching related stitchery
In the pile for instruction writing now.
Most of my stitching however was concentrated on my Michelle's secret project sewing and although I didn't get as far as I would have liked (it's called making a miscalculation in the design process) progress was indeed made.
I had lots of encouragement from the girls (even some requests...not naming any names of course) which was so nice. I loved seeing all these clever ladies at work on their projects. Caught Tatyana late in the day with her lovely blocks.
And then as all good things do....it came to an end.
I would like to say a huge big thank you to Teresa for inviting me, Sandi for organising such a wonderful retreat, Tatyana for keeping me company on the drive up and home and to she and  Teresa being such lovely 'roomies'. To my lovely friend Fiona for 'gatecrashing' and driving all the way over to spend time with us and spoiling us. To all the girls for being so friendly, kind and such good (wicked) fun. My lips are sealed!!!! I loved every second.
You know, I had wanted to visit this lovely place for so long but it didn't eventuate and I was disappointed but strange things happen.....when I did get to go it far exceeded my expectations and I think that has to be the lovely girls that kept me company. So the lesson here? Don't give up on something because there may just be a much better version right around the corner as there was for me. Thank you everyone...big hugs xxx
Ok! That's it from me I think I am done. One very happy and contented stitcher here.
Blessings Michelle xxx

26 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had lots of fun. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back my friend i knew you would have a ball with these ladies,love your projects and back to reality,hey,lol,i will also give the girls a big hug from you tomorrow Michelle,have a lovely weekend my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle I have really enjoyed reading all the posts & seeing the pics of your Retreat - what a fab time you've had - and a wonderful recharge for your heart & soul... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time you had. I love your new stitchery with the little hearts in the corners. I will keep an eye out for that one.
    valspierssews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds as though you all had a great time! Looks like a beautiful place, too......love the pretty china and the very civilised afternoon teas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you had a great time Michelle. Your new table topper is gorgeous and I just love your cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful new stitchery Michelle - and a fabulous fun weekend enjoyed by all of you! Great to see all of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have enjoyed following along with these three posts and seeing all the fun. It looks like a wonderful setting. Love the idea of catching up with a lot of like minded people and stitching together. Loved the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moning, Afternoon and Good evening... Im so glad you had such a wonderful time... and it looks like a great place to stay but I guess you ate all the Timtams!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all.Do love going on retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had an amazing time Michelle, nothing better than being with a group of lovely people! Love the table topper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It definitely was fun, wasn't it? Loved going back through all your posts and photos and remembering all the laughing and fun... great memories xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like a really special retreat.....both the venue and the friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to see you today. Sorry didn't talk for long.....
    Sooooo jealous my home town and two of the most lovely places to visit. Spent some wonderful times in both.
    Catch up soon my friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds and looks like a fabulous time was had by all. Sharyn:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks and sounds as if everyone had a fantastic time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your table topper and quilt are so lovely ... Even better in real life...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoyed reading about your retreat. Sounds wonderful! Your projects are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was such a pleasure to go there and have your company as well :)
    Wonderful 3.5 days, full of craft, fun and laughs!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  20. loved catching up with your retreat hijinks. Great to see some familiar faces, I can imagine the fun you all had.
    Well done!
    lovely new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Michelle, it all sounds wonderful, and I've enjoyed your posts all day! And your new stitchery is just gorgeous- I always love a pretty heart.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It sure sounded like fun and a productive time as well, love your little house block :-)Your new finished stitchery is lovely too !!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds (and looks ) like everyone had an absolutely fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How wonderful...must get there one day, so many gorgeous little bits..still loving that "secret" sewing you are doing.
    I can picture all the carrying on.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful time you all had. I am sure that these week ends nourish the soul. The venue looks so pretty and comfortable. A lovely surprise visit from Fiona too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It sounds like a wonderful day and all your projects are beautiful. The house block is just gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.