MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, November 15, 2013

Lovely Sewing World Ladies and FNSI

Good morning everyone. Sewing World  at Underwood is my local Patchwork and Quilting store. The lovely owners Irene and Angie and their right hand woman Angela have been a wonderful support of my designs and patterns from the beginning of my foray into this field. Sewing World is an Aladdin's Cave of all things patchwork and stitching with beautiful fabrics, inspiring samples everywhere and loads of threads and notions. They are also agents for Bernina and Janome...great to have all this so close to home.
The girls invited me along yesterday to both their daytime and evening stitching club to have a little chat and talk about my work, view their beautiful show and tell and share a cuppa.
Here are all my bits and bobs spread about for the ladies to have a peek at.
and the other end...
Here I am with the lovely Irene.
The ladies of both groups were very kind and loads of fun. I really enjoyed spending time with them and seeing all their gorgeous show and tell. So thank you everyone for a great day.

Tonight I am linking up with Wendy of Sugarlane quilts for..
where we bloggers from all over Australia and sometimes even overseas stitch together and visit each other the next day to share what we have been working on. I have not decided what I will be working on yet as I have several things to choose from but I think perhaps the little girls stockings need to get started.
So I shall have the Tim Tams on ice ready to share.
Enjoy your weekend everyone.
A cuppa certainly tastes better shared with a friend. (graphic from Let's Enjoy Beauty)
Blessings Michelle xxx

14 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a wonderful day. Lovely to see that little mouse quilt peeking out... She is on the way in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely display of your beautiful work at the quilt shop , you should be so proud. Those stockings will be adorable , have fun stitching tonight :-) hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to share you work with the stitching group.....that's what it's all about. Not sure if I'll be joining you tonight, but have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at all your gorgeous work Michelle and how lovely you have a patchwork shop so close.
    Love those stockings,very cute,have a lovely day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy tonight. I won't be joining you as we are going to my niece's dance concert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Michelle such gorgeous stitching! Love the display !! Sorry can't join stitch'n' tonight as I am cooking for shearing over the weekend-would rather be stitching!!! Enjoy, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your projects are wonderful so I imagine they would be well received at the LQS sessions.
    I'll see you tonight... and like you I don't know what I'll be working on just yet! EnJoy your TimTams... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds so good Michelle and I'm sure all the ladies just loved seeing your work... I know it is totally different seeing in real life than pictures...
    I'll be fitting in a bit of stitching tonight...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could have a dig through all your lovely items. I will look forward to stitching with you tonight. Keep a Tim Tam for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lovely shop, for sure! Have fun stitching tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great night at Sewing World. You were a fantastic presenter. Your trunk show was magnificent. Your work is so impressive. Have a Tim Tam for me. Hope some sewing is done too...<3 <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your display is pretty impressive Michelle! I'm sure the group were thrilled to have a celebrity in their midst!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely idea. Great way to see all your wonderful projects and patterns. And lovely for to meet all the sewing groups.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was Lovely to meet you at Sewing World and to hear about your journey thus far. Your work is Absolutely gorgeous!! I love that each and every character that you have created, truly have lives of their own and their personalities really do shine through. Can't wait to get started with the stitchery I bought and I'm sure I will be back for more :) Also looking forward to seeing your new creations. Thanks and happy stitching. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.