MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Portabello Finished

I thought today I would treat you to a 'quick' post in view of the novels I have been subjecting you too.
I have finally finished my Portabello Friendship quilt. So named because without the generosity of a dear friend our very own Fiona from Bubzrugz I would not have had suffcient fabric to complete it.
So binding being stitched down....
and then Voila!!
All finished...
This quilt makes my heart very happy. I loved creating it.
So what does a girl do when one project is finished?? Why she gets out the pencils and draws herself a new one. I have a smaller table top mini stand the 6 inch x 12 inch variety so I want a special little Christmas mini made just for it.
Well you didn't think you would get more than a sneaky peek did you? I like keeping you all in "suspenders" LOL! I do think it is cute though so stay tuned. I am hopefully going to stitch on my hols and will have it ready for you well before Christmas...
Oh what did I say about a short post!! I just can't seem to do it.
A little saying :
"A true friend never finds it necessary to extinguish your light but will hold their light higher to illuminate their friends and loved ones"
Enjoy your weekend whatever you are doing and try and illuminate those special people in your life that brighten your days.
Blessings Michelle xxx

25 comments:

  1. It's wonderful Michelle. Love it!
    And I think your mini MiNi will be a cutie too! Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful finish Michelle. Love the subtle colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my this is absolutely gorgeous Michelle,well done on such a gorgeous finish and hip hip hooray for our lovely Fiona.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just precious. It may be small, but it was a lot of work!! Yay for Fiona. What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your portabello quilt is gorgeous, a beautiful design and beautiful colours. Love the little sneak peek too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is just gorgeous and I need a Christmas mini, so can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is stunning. What a great finish. The Christmas design looks cute.

    valspierssews@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your completed quilt is lovely. I like all the applique ans the use of the hexies is great. Well done Fiona for having the extra fabric.
    And the sneak peek looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Michelle, it's gorgeous.

    I don't mind being kept in 'suspenders'. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Michelle, it's gorgeous.

    I don't mind being kept in 'suspenders'. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michelle ... your portobello is just beautiful - I love your fabrics & colours. Also love that little verse you have shared - thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it too! Beautiful design, and great colours...x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous quilt, love the soft colours and the hexis!!!! What a great memory to name after a friend!! Spotto I saw a snowman lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilt is gorgeous! And I'm already 'waiting' to see more of the new design, those drawings are too cure :-)
    Have a great weekend
    Dea

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is gorgeous Michelle
    Look forward to the Christmas design too

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely quilt Michelle - I am lucky enough to be "cooped up" with some special friends this weekend - I will remember our wise words.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty......finished is a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful quilt ans sneak peek Michelle. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  20. Portabello Friendship is so beautiful, Michelle. A cute little sneaky peek too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness Michelle. This quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the quilt Michelle.... so pleased I had some bits to send to you!
    Of course it will be a new cutie... but I don't know where you are finding the time...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your finish is gorgeous Michelle!! Congratulations! Beautifully hand quilted too. The sneaky peaky looks like a cutie..!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.