MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday's Treasure with Melody

Good Afternoon all. At least it is still Tuesday and time for a visit over to my friend MELODY'S lovely blog to share our treasures. Why not pop over for a visit as well.
Lately I have been doing a lot of pondering again as to the nature of my style and with all the gorgeous new fabrics, notions and quilts out there sometimes I find I get off track a little believing that I have to in some way "Keep Up" with what everyone else is doing and let me tell you that is disastrous for your authentic creativity. Whilst I was again thinking about all this heavy stuff this morning I was doing a spot of dusting (no please don't fall over those of you who know me well) and a wooden plaque I had painted a couple of years ago that my gorgeous friend Tracey from Rose Petals Past designed caught my eye. It hangs above my old treadle sewing machine in my spare bedroom.
It has a lovely saying on it.....
A moment of clarity occurred  and I thought that's it for me. I love seeing all the new fresh and modern things some folk like to stitch but I love the more 'vintage' and 'homespun' look. So I have given myself permission to get off the merry-go-round and concern myself with what I really love. Although I am sure I will have this conversation with myself again. Back to my plaque. It was such fun to paint and I remember the fun we had as a couple of my friends were painting it as well to match their special spaces. I love Tracey's designs.
I treasure my plaque but even more than that I treasure the peace that comes from knowing your Authentic self. It is so easy to get off track sometimes ( as I do on a regular basis) but it is also good to know that taking time to go quietly will bring the road back into view.
I wish you a road without too many diversions or pot holes and wildflowers along the way.
Blessings Michelle xxx

15 comments:

  1. how interesting Michelle,its the little things in life that can trigger the bigger picture.Lovely soul searching my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing plaque is gorgeous Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shakespeare said it... to thine own self be true... so don't change unless you want to! Lovely little plaque and definitely a timely reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really thought provoking post today Michelle. I know what you mean and I'm breathing a sigh of relief. Thank you. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Michelle for saying it out loud. Too often we get caught up in trends and fashions rather than following what our creative side really wants to do. Go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post Michelle..... here's to self searching... now where was I?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. "old" is "good"... just well used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you said it best.I also don't feel the need to keep up. It just adds on the stress. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such great advise. I am glad you gave it. I am your newest follower.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your final lines are like poetry. I think it's wonderful you know your style and I love it - the romantic homespun look is delightful. Thank you so much for playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your final lines are like poetry. I think it's wonderful you know your style and I love it - the romantic homespun look is delightful. Thank you so much for playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this post is perfect for me. I know my authentic self but I have been trying to do differently especially when it comes to quilting. I have been doing modern but traditional is really me and that is what I am going to do. Thanks for helping me remember what I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very well said Michelle , it is so easy to get sidetracked and I really appreciate your words. Lovely plaque.hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.