MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hello from across the Sea

A little while ago I received a lovely email from a lady called Mary in Washington USA wishing to purchase my "Down Reindeer Lane" pattern. I sent it off and a little while later she sent me a photo of her favourite beach.... Cannon's Beach Oregon with a twist.
Her beautifully stitched blocks of my little reindeers. I was so thrilled to see them all the way acoss the world so imagine my joy when she sent me these.....
Mary returned to her favourite beach with "Down Reindeer Lane" completed. So beautifully stitched.
This next photo is of this gorgeous place.
Mary tells me she has entered her quilt in "The Covington WA Quilt Show". I hope my little reindeers and Mary's beautiful stitching do well for her. She told me "Everyone who sees the quilt just loves the faces on the deer". I know I shouldn't have favourites but sometimes you just really love a particular design and my reindeers have a special place in my heart. I had always imagined as a child that Santa would go to a special place to choose his reindeers where they played and lived and of course it was called "Reindeer Lane".
So thank you Mary you made my day and Good Luck in the show!

Lastly I would just like to say....
GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS !!!! Make it seven in a row boys!
You didn't honestly think I would forget did you. Enjoy your evening,
Blessings Michelle xxx

9 comments:

  1. your designs are well travelled!
    Love your tuesday treasures rug. I love that ripple pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting it must be to receive pictures and feedback like this from people who have chosen your patterns :) I love this wild looking beach - not snowy like the North pole, but equally isolated and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pattern and what a beach scene.
    Blues had to at least win one.
    And they did !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to see pictures of your designs made up on the other side of the world ...
    The blues cheated....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day Michelle. That was lovely of Mary to send you photos like that and her quilt looks beautiful as does the beach. I purchased this pattern from you some time ago, but haven't made it yet. Mary's quilt has inspired me. It's a gorgeous design Michelle, as are all of your patterns.Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thrill for you to know that your pattern has travelled, arrived and settle in so far away....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pattern, those little deer faces are very gorgeous!! How nice to get photos in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh that beach is lovely - especially when it is not shrouded in fog.
    How amazing to see your designs in such a gorgeous location.
    Enjoy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How special to have your designs displayed in such a wonderful setting , lovely job by Mary and of course your designs are always beautiful!I hope Mary does well .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.