MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, January 6, 2012

Before Christmas I posted about my friend Janeen opening her own Yoga Studio in Beenleigh south of Brisbane and I promised when the new timetable came out I would put up her link which is
http://www.yogaandmore.com.au/ if you don't live close enough to go for a lovely class you can sign up for a wonderful informative newsletter written in Janeen unique style that just makes you feel great.
So go for a visit and sign up so you can read her inspiring 1st newsletter for the year or do what I am doing this week and be kind to your body and take a class.
Now I had completely forgotten that it is the first Favourite Thing Friday for 2012 and Mine today would have to be I am ALONE in my house for the first time in ages. Now company is great but I am not adverse to my own company in fact I quite like myself....I even find myself quite amusing at times and that's not ego but fact. So it has been lovely to have lunch when I wanted to and take to my chair with my gorgeous new sketchpad (thank you VICKI) and sharpened pencil and have a big scribblefest which you will have to wait to see because some of them don't have their ink coats on yet. I had a little wander in the front garden and noticed several of my orchids are in flower and I feel very chilled out and relaxed.

I am off to visit SHAY to see what made her 'favourites list' today why not join me.
"You may as well get to like yourself because you spend a great deal of time together"
Blessings Michelle xx

17 comments:

  1. So true, Michelle. I too love a bit of time to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect timing Michelle... I ran into my yoga teacher this week and she hasn't given up on me!!! I would love to get back into it this year. I will definitely check out your friend at Beenleigh..that's not too far from me. Enjoy your time by yourself.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm completely jealous of your time alone. ☺ Alas, my Quiet Time for today was non-existent. My entire family awoke at the same time as me. I'm thinking of sending them all to Yiayia's house tomorrow so I can play with my new Walking Foot. Enjoy your alone time, you lucky girl. Happy Friday! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me time...is the greatest of all times...at least for me! How about you? Thank you so much for saying this for I'm afraid I didn't have the nerve to utter such indulgence!lol. Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can really appreciate your alone time as a favorite thing. I require a fair amount of it in order to stay sane myself. That is a gorgeous orchid, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your time to yourself, Michelle. From a mother in the midst of school holidays I know how precious me time is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try for some ME time every day.. I like my own company too.. as long as it's with some sort of sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im with you Michelle ! I love my own company and really cherish the times when I have the house to myself.

    Seems we're both chilling this week (in our own different ways ) Little P has left the building so after three days of constant noise I'm planning some quiet chilling today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love some time for myself too.
    I used to do yoga regularly, but I'm now finding Pilates really helpful.
    Love the orchids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I do know what you are talking about...time by myself is a treasured gift. Not that I don't dearly love my family and friends, but my time alone...oh how I love it!! What a great favourite thing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see your "scribbles", girl - I'm sure they're stunning! I too love spending time alone. I love people but I'd make a great hermit, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad that you got in your "alone" time. That is definitiely something that can't be underated!

    ReplyDelete
  13. alone time is great! good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Micheele i wish Janeen well with her yoga journey.
    Always good to have some me time.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's nothing like a day with one's self. Alone! I'm loving your stichery! I'll be back soon to check out more of the details of your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year Michelle.. Hope this year is extra special for you.. I too love my own company.. I guess I would get lonely though if I had no one else in the house..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.