MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuesday's Treasure with Melody

It is time once again for Tuesdays Treasures with MELODY and today mine comes with a little story of course. My obsession with Christmas decorations started many years ago after we cleared out the cupboard under our internal staircase where we had stored our Christmas decorations. We thought we had seen a snake in there....yes a snake! But it turned out to be a very big Eastern Australian Skink Lizard deciding to give me a heart attack. In the haste to be rid of cardboard boxes of junk my husband accidently threw out a large garbage bag which had a large box inside full of all our Christmas decorations....some were very old and had a great deal of sentiment attached to them. Of course we weren't aware of this fact until Christmas rolled around later in the year. Needless to say I was a bit devastated and No 1 Husband felt dreadful!
We bought a few cheapie ornaments that year but the tree looked a bit sad. Because I am a sentimental sop I just couldn't go and throw anything on the tree so I started all over again....a special ornament each year. Friends felt sorry for me and I recieved some lovely pieces from them to help get going again.
Just before the next Christmas a box arrived addressed to me and inside was a beautiful music box that played "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" but was also a Jack-in-the-Box and a gorgeous Santa pops up when you wind it up. My Husband had seen me admiring it in a catalogue and sent for it for me as a way to make up for tossing out all our decos....and the crazy collecting began!!!
What are your treasures today. Share them with us over at Melody's.
Let Christmas decorate your heart.
Blessings Michelle x

17 comments:

  1. Lovely story Michelle. Shame about losing your decorations. Love the music box. It's gorgeous. The decorations in the top photo are lovely. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a story, sad about the decorations thou, but on the bright side your husband was allowed to stay and you got a beautiful music box!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... I bet my Hubz has done that!!! He is always trying to throw my stuff away!! but what fun you have had collecting up again... But now I am terrified to go looking in case there is a snake....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Santa-in-the-Box is wonderful. I'm a box collector so this one would be a definite fav.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a shame about the old decorations... I have some I would be very sad to lose. Still, a good chance to start making new memories...just be careful where you store the box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Michelle I love your Santa-in-a-box! You must have been devastated to find all your Christmas treasures gone. If yours were anything like mine, there would have been lots of home made goodies with memories attached :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes lovely post Michelle but it is a shame about your decorations and i am so glad you didnt have a snake in amongst your decorations

    ReplyDelete
  8. a gorgeous music box! It goes a fair way to compensating for your lost ornaments?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful things on show as always, the music box is delightful. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Santa Box..any Excuse to Buy New Decorations..lol
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great story Michelle and an absolutely gorgeous decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that would be so sad but no one can be expected to think straight when you suspect a snake in the house. That was a good start to the new collection though, what a gorgeous item. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that Santa box is just gorgeous - I guess it's a good thing you let him live, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great story Michelle. Hubby's sometimes mess up but isn't it nice when they try to make up. Lovely Santa-in-a-box!
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sad story! Some things just can't be replaced. The music box was a lovely gesture from your No.1 husband. I am sure you are having lots of fun collecting new things. I love the snowy corner.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a sad story with a happy ending. Love your new decorations and -wow- I am also inspired by your precious post! I think its time to get our tree!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely story Michelle, your husband did so well with the gift! The music box is so beautiful, a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.