MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday's Treasure with Melody

Turesday means it's off to MELODY'S for Tuesday's Treasures where we all join in and share places, people, items, experiences that we treasure.
My treasure today is a book afriend found in a op shop for $2.00. She found 2 oth them and another friend has the other one. It's call the Myth & Magic of Embroidery by Helen M. Stevens. The embroidery is out of this world and has beautiful dragonflies, butterflies, spiders webs, sumptious roses, mythical dragons and wonderful celtic designs. There are aslo beautiful quotes of poetry and prose heading up each new section. One browse and I was in love. I am in awe of this lady's incredible talent. It gives me endless inspiration curling up with this book and it was such a bargain.
What treasure do you hold dear. Pop over to the wonderful Melody's and share it with us.
There are the sweetest bees embroidered throughout the book but I love this page with the little bee busy inside the open rose.
Another beauitful rose and friends.
Yesterday the postie left me the sweetest little surprise from Melody for bringing a bear to her wonderful Teddy Bears picnic....some lady bird choccies Yum! I did save them for the photo and a gorgeous Scissor finder. Thank you Melody I love it.

Melody's lovely surprise and isn't the card just gorgeous!!
Have a wonderful day and I hope you find a little stitching time.
May there be peace in your thoughts,
May there be peace in your words,
may there be peace in your Heart.
Blessings Michelle xx

13 comments:

  1. Hello Michelle,

    The books look so interesting. Embroidery is right up your alley so enjoy them. Melody's gifts are beautiful, you win a prize for actually not eating the chocolate before you took a photo!!!

    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post! The book looks/sounds interesting! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing book. I'm going to start looking out for a copy too. Actually I think I need to find two as well as I'm sure Rosalie would adore a copy too. (Too many twos in this message...grin).
    Thank you so much for playing along with Tuesday Treasures too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like an amazing book. Like Mel will have to keep a look out for a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michelle, Melody is so right, I would adore that book.It was a great op shop find, we will all be looking for a copy. we went to Kilmore Quilters today and in their library I found another good book you would enjoy,called " An Encyclopedia of Crazy Quilt Stitches and Motifs" also worth looking for. Hugs R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful book and a lovely poem,and Mel sure is the loviest person with the biggest heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely book and a bargain at the price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those photos look incredible. I would love to be able to stitch like that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful book Michelle ,embroidery is so lovely and the illustrations are beautiful . Love the quote at the end of your post. Hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  10. That book looks AMAZING...I'm so in awe of talent like that. What a sweet gift from Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is so much inspiration to be found in crafty books.Even looking at the pictures is thrilling and motivating. Enjoy yours. What a bargain price for something that brings you so much pleasure !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love op shops! (thrift stores here in the U.S.) What a find! What sweet gifts to receive from Melody.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some lovely books... sweet Melody... such pretty goodies she sends...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.