MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday's Treasure with Melody

Here are at Terrific Tuesday again which means I get to visit MELODY for Tuesday's Treasures and see what other treasure is being shared today.
My Crazypatch Angel.
The beautiful hand stitching along the seams.
Her Credentials...doesn't need any in my book.
My Treasure this week is an Angel I bought a few years ago at a Christmas Fair. Her dress is crazy patch and is supposedly made from an old vintage quilt. Even though she is supposed to be a Christmas Angel with her twiggy wreath I love her so much I leave her out all year round. I love Angels and they feature quite a bit in my designs as I love to draw them and imagine them performing all their many duties.
The other thing I wanted to share was my friend Cathy's beauitful orchid...it is so unusual looking.
Cathy's Orchid
I knew I always loved flowers but until I started blogging and carrying a camera everywhere I realised how many beautiful blooms I had overlooked.
On the subject of Angels I just love this graphic from ROSE PETALS FROM HEAVEN which you have probably seen on my side bar and it helps to remind me how blessed I am to have the lovely friends I have.
Hope you are finding time to do somehting you love today.
Blessings Michelle x

16 comments:

  1. Your Angel is beautiful Michelle,I have lots of Angel quotes, my favorite being " We are each of us Angels with only one wing, we can fly only by embracing one another" or how about " My guardian Angel's a little tattered...not as starry-eyed as she used to be, she's been through quite a bit...watching over me". how true, Cheers R.P/S lovely Orchid too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute angel Michelle and such a pretty orchid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an Angel lover too, so love your angel and the orchid is beautiful. How exciting having your patterns at a show. Well done. They are gorgeous though so they should go well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The patchwork angel is lovely... very unusual... and such a pretty orchid...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the patchwork angel, very cute.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your patchwork angel is just darling Michelle, definitely a treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your angel is beautiful and I would leave her out all year too. Love that orchid... it's beautiful. There's a place in Byron Bay that captures real orchids in resin and makes them into necklaces.. this orchid would be perfect for that... but only do it to one flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Michelle,

    Lovely angel, I would leave her to float around all year too. Maybe orchids will have to start being featured in your stitchery patterns.
    happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Youe angel is so pretty Michelle. That is a lovely saying too, a reminder about precious friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post. Angels and flowers. What could be more charming?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love angels too and as you know I have two in my bedroom all the time.

    Yours is so cute, I wouldn't have been able to resist her either!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is gorgeous Michelle, along with her story..
    I love the angel saying on your blog, and I agree with the girls that there are others out there that are special too.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your angel and the orchid is just beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Angel is darling...I just love patchwork. Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.